Monday, March 2, 2009

3/2/09

One of my favorite things about training for cross country was running through Albany and all of its nooks and crannies. When you slow down and take time to notice things you will always be pleasantly surprised with what you find. 

So when I recently was out playing with my new camera it gave me a great opportunity to search new areas of LA. I ventured underneath the Colorado bridge, and discovered all sorts of cool little things: trails, ducks, and the stunning architecture of the bridges. But my favorite thing I found was this little basketball court hidden under the 134 bridge. The entire area was fenced off (did I mention I jumped a fence or two?), and left in solitude.  Overgrowth was creeping in the from the sides, and a thin layer of dust covered the entire court. It was a little secret tucked away beneath the city, and away from the masses of the City of Angels. 

This week I'd like to issue an adventure for your weekly inspiration. Break out of your normal paths this week and try to discover a new area in your area. During your lunch try a new hole-in-the-wall restaurant. On your drive home try a different side street. Or vent a foreign film you'd never even think of seeing. 

For your weekly inspiration open your eyes up, and discover your own little secret in your backyard. And feel free to write your discovery in the comments section and share your secret with everyone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment